The first time my WordPress “stats” page showed that a handful of people had stumbled on this blog via an online search, I experienced a frisson of excitement: this was the big time, for sure! I was no longer writing just for Facebook friends and friends of friends, but for the entire Googleverse.
What kinds of search terms, I wondered, had led people here?
Thanks to WordPress’s datamongers, I can tell you. The list isn’t complete, since some searches are encrypted, but it’s still revealing. And weird:
- bangladeshi pigeon association
- food blogs brooklyn
- prospect lefferts gardens blog
- running prospect lefferts gardens
- prospect lefferts brooklyn neighborhood
- flatbush brooklyn blogs
- bay ridge brooklyn blog
- broklyn blogs
- restaurante salvadorena continental
- “dii stores astoria”
- santander + thrifty
- “cafe rokhat” chowhound
- gino’s focacceria festival stand
- breast cancer with lymph node involvement
- nyc marathon 2014 wind
- having sex in prospect park good idea
I hope this blog convinced the last searcher that the answer is generally “no.” (Still, with 2.9 million hits, there seems to be a lot of interest in the question.)
I beg to differ. I had to problem having sex in Prospect Park.
I’d still advise you to stay away from areas frequented by birders with binoculars and telephoto lenses.